Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Day 3/365 - Famous for Steakburgers...NOT Salad


Date: 1/4/11
Time: 1:18 pm
Place: Steak n Shake
Today was my first day out of the house in five days. After being laid up in bed for three days and recooperating one more day...I'm finally out of the house. My friend, Karen, had coupons for Steak n Shake and was craving their food. You don't fight a pregnant woman on her cravings, so I agreed. Normally, I would LOVE Steak n Shake! But since I am watching what I'm eating, I had to get a salad. At Steak n Shake. A salad. She got chili, double steakburger, fries and a cherry limeade. And since we stayed so long, we got the happy hour special of half off drinks (between 2 and 4pm). The happy hour special encouraged her to order a shake to go "to complete the Steak n Shake experience", she said. I had to watch her eat all of it. Oh the days when I was pregnant and ate whatever I wanted. It was a great lunch with great conversation. But when I got home, I checked the calories on my salad...which was not bad...but HALF the calories were from fat!! What? I barely had any of the dressing...but I think it was the chicken. The GRILLED chicken. Go figure.
God, thank you for lunch dates with special girlfriends! And thank you for what little discipline I have.

No comments: