Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 22/365 - Maybe Someday

Date: 1/23/11
Time: 3:30 pm
Place: The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
***
So, technically I did not take this picture. But it was taken today by my son who is in Washington D.C. for the Pro-Life March. I did take a picture of TimTam's today at Target, but I like this one a lot more. I think this little altar area is beautiful and I wish I could see the whole church. Maybe someday. Apparently it's the largest Roman Catholic Church in North America and one of the ten largest churches in the world. I was trying to read what the altar says and the part on the front says "Heart of Mary Pray For Us". Does the left side say "Immaculate"? Maybe. One thing I know...I can ask Sam and he won't be able to fill me in. I tried to look it up on the internet, but I can't find this particular spot in this big, beautiful church known for it's architecture and art. Maybe someday, I'll find out for myself.
***
God, someday I would like to travel and see some of the big, beautiful churches people all over the world built in your honor. Please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your post sent me searching. WOW that is a big church.I had no idea. This is in the lower crypt #32 on this link
http://www.nationalshrine.com/site/c.osJRKVPBJnH/b.4783421/k.6FA/Crypt_Church_and_Lower_Level_Floor_Plan.htm