Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 11/365 - Interview with Sam

Date: 1/12/11
Time: 8:02 pm
Place: Christian Brothers College High School

Sam had his interview with CBC tonight. We got lucky that his interviewer was one of the Brothers who was really nice. The Brother took the pressure off Sam because he was so cheerful and chatty. Sam said they talked a lot about Boy Scouts. I can't imagine an interview with Sam. All I know is that when I ask him questions, I get one syllable answers or grunts. Which makes me ask more questions or the same question again if I didn't decipher the grunt right. This proceeds to make him upset with me and then he shuts down all communication that was barely there to begin with. This is why, whenever I'm asked the question, "What super power would you like to have?", I answer, "fly on the wall"...because I NEVER get enough information. I just want some cotton pickin' information. Is that too much to ask? Being a fly would throw away the whole need for information out the window, because I would just find out for myself! Who wouldn't want to spy on their kids in situations like this? There are many places I would go if I could.

Sam couldn't tell me much about the interview, of course. I guess his interview went better than Ted's did when he was looking at Priory. Ted's dad was a lithographer. He did a job that is now done by computers, laying out publications. The industry nickname for it was "stripper". You see where I'm going with this? The Priest asked Ted what his dad did for a living. Ted answered, "He's a Stripper". Oh man...we still get a good laugh out of that one.

Lord, thank you for giving Sam a jolly, chatty Brother to interview him.

No comments: