Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 25/365 - My Day by the Clock

Date: 1/25/11
Time: Isn't it obvious? That dot means "am".
Place: Bedroom
***
6:19am--I'm NOT an early morning person. I sleep as late as I can, allowing JUST
enough time to get ready and drive carpool. Ted gets the kids ready for
school.
7:03am--Head out the door to pick up Erin and then take the kids to school.
7:30am--Drop off kids and head to church for the 8:00 mass.
8:52am--Breakfast at McDonald's with Karen.
10:53am--Fill up the car and car wash.
11:22am--Back home. Called new general practitioner. I need a doctor to check
out my knees that grind when I climb the stairs. I've put it off way too
long. Left a message.
11:25am--Time for major laundry, while watching recorded American Idol and
The Cake Boss. I don't know why I absolutely love The Cake Boss. I
don't watch much TV, but when I was sick, I happened to catch this
show and loved it. I don't bake much. But the way they are given a
challenge and then just BAM!! Create something with their hands.
Amazing!
2:45pm--Leave to pick up the kids from school.
3:30pm--Come back and continue with laundry and Cake Boss and watch the
kids throw their stuff everywhere.
4:50pm--Leave to pick up Sam from play practice.
5:15pm--Cook up a frozen pizza for the kids.
6:14pm--Got a call from a co-worker about a situation at work that brought me
down. I hate thinking about work at home.
6:30pm--Head out to dinner with Becky and Jerry at the Outback. No this
doesn't happen every night. In fact, we haven't been out to eat with
Becky and Jerry since they moved in with us and this was our only
free night. I was able to forget about the problem at work and enjoy
myself.
8:30pm--Get the kids ready for bed. Sit outside their doors until they are settled
in bed. While I'm sitting there, I fire off some e-mails about the situation
at work...and end up reading work e-mails (I always bring my laptop
upstairs when I sit outside their doors).
9:30pm--Come downstairs. Ted is watching Modern Family. I finish my blog.
11:00pm--This time hasn't arrived yet, but it's usually when we go to bed. Then,
we start it all over again tomorrow. Except, tomorrow I work.
***
God, thank you for a good day. Help me take care of the problem at work. And
thank you for Cake Boss. That show is awesome!

No comments: