Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 23/365 - Room With a View

Date: 1/24/11
Time: 10:02 am
Place: The view from my office window
***
You can tell I work for a non-profit. This huge icicle formed because of a hole in the soffit. I guess the water drained out there instead of through the gutters. The picture doesn't do it justice. The long icicle is almost four feet. I bet the diameter of the hole is about five inches. If I stood next to it, you could get a better perspective on it. I'd offer to do that tomorrow, but I'm off and I'm not about to go in just to improve my picture of the day. Three days from now when I go back in, I'm sure it will be melted and gone. That's ok...I'm going to enjoy my two days off. The ice may melt in two days, but it will take much longer to fix that hole in the soffit.
***
God, thank you for a room with a view. It's beautiful.

No comments: