Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wheezing Cough Fever, Part 2

Ben did much better than normal at the Dr's. He cried while he was weighed and touched but not in between! Amazing! The Dr. said that I need to watch for the cold to continue but it could easily be a virus and we all know what that means...everyone in unison now, "It needs to run it's course!". BUT, if it becomes a seal-like cough than I need to bring him in again. OR, if he continues to run a fever til Monday I would need to bring him in. I've learned all this stuff...why did I jump to do the visit? I guess it was the wheezing. But the Dr. said the wheezing was in his throat not his lungs. And really, the only way to tell that is by listening with a stethoscope. *Note to self--add to the purchase checklist after the "look in the ear tool", get a stethoscope and learn how to detect wheezing*. If your like me, you want to learn as much of this stuff as possible to avoid needless visits to the Dr. Most upper respiratory infections are viral. Oh well. I guess it never hurts to be safe. It only cost me $5 in babysitting and a McDonald's lunch for her as well. Time to listen for a seal like cough. My medical education continues...

1 comment:

Lisa Carroll said...

I'm glad Ben did so well for you. Hope th ICK is just a virus after all! Croupe (the seal-like cough) is absolutely NO FUN! For kid OR mom. LOL ;) Get and feel better real soon, Ben!