Tuesday, August 23, 2005

First Full Day at School



Whew...it sure is quiet around here without Abby and Sam. I didn't really think they made that much noise or needed my attention that much, but the day seems much more productive now that they're at school. I don't think I realized how hard it was to focus on one thing this summer when they were all home. Maybe this school thing isn't so bad after all.

Another thing, where is my Ben? Someone took the crabby child and replaced him with a sweet, charming little boy. Could it be he is maturing? Or maybe it's just that his cold is better. Or better yet, no one to compete with for attention except Mary now that the kids are in school? Whatever it is, I'm happy to have this new and improved Ben. Even if it's just a glimpse of what's to come. I'll take it. Thank you, Lord (gotta give credit where credit is due).

1 comment:

Lisa Carroll said...

They look so excited. :) I hear ya on the productive angle. I have two in school this year (one just started K) and I'm amazed at what all I can get done in a day! Glad to hear Ben is feeling better, too.