Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A New, Focused Mom

I feel rejuvenated for some reason. I know I had a good nights sleep, but is that the reason for this new energy? Is it because I feel more driven with this new focus of better eating and making better use of my time? Or is it because everything has a season and we need the down time to create the motivation for the up time. I think that's a big reason. I notice that after a busy season in my life, it will follow with a season of laziness and then followed by sick of being lazy and not getting anything done.

Seasons are natural and a part of life. There are times when I have no desire to connect with God or it's too much work to pray or read scripture...and then there are times when I'm Wonder Woman and I'm doing everything I should, keeping the house clean, being a good mom and wife. Everything can't be a peak. The valleys have to come. Some people are more even than that. Their peaks or lower and their valleys aren't as deep. You could call them the "plains". My husband Ted is one of those people. But I'm realizing more and more that I am not. As much as I would love to say I'm even keal or layed back, I know that it's really not true. I can spring off an idea and zoom ahead at full throttle, and then I can also sit on my rump and have no motivation. I can be cheerful and energetic, and then I can feel negative and doomed. I know God is beckoning throughout it all. He's always there just waiting for me to make contact. Waiting for me to realize it is really impossible to do it all by myself. Sometimes I need a knock over my head to come to my senses. But often the struggle on the incline is worth the peak!

So I'll enjoy the peak while I'm on it; my morning prayerful reading time, organizing the kids with chores every day, eating healthy meals, keeping up with my house, spending quality time with the kids, and having a cheerful "I can do it" attitude. And hopefully some of these changes will be permanent ones I can take with me into even my unmotivated times. We can't be Wonder Woman all the time.

No comments: