Monday, August 01, 2005

Confessions of a Real Mom

I have to balance my post last night about keeping calendars and albums on each kid with some real life confessions. I do this because I can feel people's skin crawl when I tell them I do this stuff. I mean, it really makes other mom's hate me because I'm making them feel like a bad mom. In reality, we ALL have something that we do that makes others feel like a bad mom. I have PLENTY of things that I do that are not "perfect mom" things.

Ok here goes:

**My kids don't eat enough vegetables or fruits and it's all my fault (because I DON'T EITHER...I'm working on changing that)

**I hardly ever vacuum (it scares my younger two and they both cry in fear and want to be held...have you ever held two children while vacuuming?? It's impossible!)

**My two year old watches Dora over and over and I let him because it makes him HAPPY (we do a lot of things to make Ben happy...)

**I love "Jimmy Neutron" and "Drake and Josh"...they crack me up!

**I wear make up every day whether I'm going anywhere or not (I like to think of myself as low maintenance, but this blows my cover...at least in this category)

**I spend way too much time on the computer

**I spend way too much time on the phone (sisters are great for talking to)

**Ever since I've been eating whole grain bread I have REALLY SMELLY GAS.

**I'm addicted to Famous Amos cookies and I hide cookies in my kitchen cabinet (FOR ME and not the kids!!)

**I love playing Spider Solitaire on the computer

**I'm on Zoloft for Postpartum depression (didn't happen with any of the other kids)

**I've just recently (last year) stopped eating sugar cereals...I'm now an adult!

**My kids wear the clothes they wore during the day...to bed!!

**We will eat out sometimes to avoid food struggles

**I'm a short order cook. I will serve 4 seperate meals sometimes (one for me and my husband, one for my picky older son, Sam, one for my Abby and Ben and baby food for Mary...it drives Ted CRAZY!!)

**I sneak McDonald's in the car on the way to my Women's group so I can eat a meal in peace.

**Ted and I indulge in very fattening frozen custard maybe two times a week after the kids go to bed.

**I hate cleaning schedules, I'm very spontaneous

**My kids remember to pray before their meals more than I do

**I let Mary eat cheerios off the floor


Okay...I really could go on but I must stop. My kids are napping so I really need to do some productive things around the house. Also, this might be in a future post, but I'm working on eating better. I am banning frozen custard from our house until I have better eating habits and then I might indulge occasionally. I have to break my addiction to Famous Amos by not eating them for a while and then maybe I'll be able to have just one or two instead of who knows how many I eat now.

No comments: