Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Day 30/365 - Ice Storm

Date: 1/31/11
Time: 2:35 pm
Place: My Family Room
***
The media was all over the big storm they predicted would come our way. It would start with a nasty ice storm and follow with 10-20 inches of snow. We left for school this morning only to have them call it off at 11:00am. I had gone to work on my day off, knowing what was coming, so I could get whatever I needed to work from home. I picked up my kids from school and offered to take our carpool friend, Erin, home with us. Confident we would be off school the next day and maybe even next two, I offered to have Erin spend the night. Abby said, "Can Alicia come, too?". So we picked up the girls' overnight bags and snow gear and headed back home. The neighbor kids came over and they all immediately started watching some of our classic home videos. So here's a picture of 9 kids watching the videos. This was not all the kids in my house. The boys were in the other room (except for Joey, of course). The girls all slept up in Abby's room and Mary slept in Ben's room. We were all excited when we confirmed the kids had a snow day the next day.
***
Lord, thank you for friends and neighbors who make our snow days fun!

No comments: