Saturday, February 05, 2011

Day 35/365 - Did You Remember Shrimp?

Date: 2/5/11
Time: 3:38 pm
Place: Schnucks
***
Every time I leave Schnucks, I'm faced with this sign on the door that says, "STOP DID YOU REMEMBER SHRIMP?" This sign is really starting to bother me. Why does Schnucks care so much about shrimp? Why are they worried I might forget it? Is shrimp all that important that the world will stop if I forget it? Is Schnucks going to go under if they don't sell more shrimp? Did the shrimp people work out a deal with Schnucks in order to get this prominent signage? I don't know. I'll never know.
***
God, when I die and ask all of those unanswerable questions, can you answer this one also? Why does Schnucks not want me to forget the shrimp?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought those signs were odd too!

Anonymous said...

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

~Bubba

Missy said...

Whoever you are...you gave me a great laugh for the day! Thank you!!!