Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 49/365 - Mother Daughter Time with Abby

Date: 2/19/11
Time: 1:02 pm
Place: La Nails at Mid Rivers Mall
***
Abby asked me this week if we could have some Mother/Daughter time. This is something she asks for occasionally, because I told her to. One day, a while ago, I told her that she is often "lost in the middle" because she is easy to please, never complains and doesn't demand a lot of attention. We went through a period in our life as a family, when Ben and Mary (our younger two) demanded a LOT of attention and took much of it away from Sam and Abby. Sam naturally gets more attention because he is the oldest. He is the first to do everything. So that leaves Abby lost in the middle. I knew that as she got older, she would need me more. I wanted to set the tone, as soon as possible, that I was here for her whenever she needed me and all she had to do was ask for it. Sometimes it's going out for a meal together. Sometimes it's shopping. Today it was a trip to the mall: shopping for swimsuits and bras, eating Subway, and enjoying a pedicure together. I love our time together because it gives us that "girl time" that we both need. I'm so glad we started this tradition!
***
God, thank you for Abby. She is a treasure to me. And thank you for pedicures!