Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 46/365 - I Scream For Ice Cream!!

Date: 2/16/11
Time: 8:04 pm
Place: Mid Rivers Mall Drive
***
Whenever I take Mary to cheer practice, I pass by Silky's. It depresses me for two reasons: 1) It's closed for the season, and 2) Even if it was open, I would be resisting the urge anyway. I'm on a diet. Diet's stink. The good news is that I've lost 10 pounds. My motivation is this trip that Ted and I are going on to Los Angeles. He won it through work for having a good year in sales. It's very exciting! But it opens up this whole "What am I going to wear?" and "Will I look good in it?" So in December I decided to go on a diet. I do this for vain reasons. Vanity is sadly, my usual motivator. Last time I was vain enough to go on a diet was when I went to Australia. Actually, I did lose about 7 pounds last Christmas when my sisters, mom and I competed to lose weight. I gained all that back. I'm good at that...because I love fattening food like frozen custard! I love it all...burgers, fries, desserts, pizza...YUM. Food is my celebration. Food is my social life. Food is my relaxation. Food fights my boredom. Food makes me happy. I know I only need it to keep me alive, but it does so much more for me. So it's not fun to diet. But I do like results. Hopefully, I can keep going. I usually lose my motivation after 10 pounds. I don't want to this time. I dread the day Silky's reopens. Ted will have to chain me to the house!
***
God, help me to stay strong and stay away from icecream!

No comments: