Thursday, December 15, 2005

Snapshot Thursday

What’s at the top of my to-do list?
--I got three family gatherings this weekend. Two on Saturday and one on Sunday...arrgghh. Actually, I am looking forward to them...it's just a lot in one weekend. I need to make something for all three. The first party on Saturday I will do something simple since we won't be there long. I will bring pretzels bites covered with Almond Bark with Christmas sprinkles. It's so easy. I just throw a big bag of Sourdough pretzel bites into a bowl. On the side, melt half a brick of almond bark in the microwave (only takes a couple of minutes) and then I stir them both together til all the pretzels are covered. Then I spread them out on wax paper, sprinkle, cool and break apart. EASY. For the place we are going afterwards, I'm bringing buffalo wings. It'll be my first time frying them instead of baking. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Here's the recipe: http://chicken.allrecipes.com/az/RstrntStylBfflChicknWings.asp . Sunday, we are celebrating my mom's bday and Christmas with my siblings. I'm bringing mostaccoli (I always forget how to spell that word), and garlic bread. My gifts are wrapped and ready to go. I can't think of anything else beyond this weekend. There are other things I need to do but I have to climb one mountain at a time.
--We need to see the Christmas lights at Tilles Park! We've waited too long. There is not a free night until Wednesday (unless we want to battle the crowds on Friday night) :-(

What have I accomplished?
--Finished Christmas shopping...ok...only one more present to buy...IT'S NEVER ENDING!!
--Finished painting Abby's room. It looks great! Everything has been put back in and pictures are hung! Yahhh!
--Christmas Cards went out last week.
--Adopt a Family stuff all packed and went out last weekend.
--Bought a binder to hold all my printed recipes from the web. Got those nifty dividers too...labeled with "main dish", "desserts", "veggies", etc.

What’s bugging me?
--The fact that I'm watching the kids in the bath right now and I NEED A SHOWER!!
--All the e-mails about stores taking the word "Christmas" out of their advertising. Really...does it matter? I know what it means to me...does it matter what words they use? Will it change how I celebrate my holiday? No. I'm not boycotting Target. I refuse.
--My house is a disaster. Mary was clingy while Ben watched Thomas videos because they scare her...so I haven't gotten anything done...except for blogging...I know I know...how did I do that?
--Ben's latest trip: Dumping Lincoln Logs!!!

What’s my latest obsession?
--Recipes on-line. I'm still obsessing about all the other stuff I've mentioned before.

What’s been making me happy?
--Christmas is almost here!! Ted's taking off a whole week!!!
--Playing with my kids... on the floor, on the couch, in my lap. Sneaking hugs and kisses with the older ones. Telling them they're cute and that I love them.
--Appreciating Mary's size and age while it's here. I know she will grow up before my eyes, quicker than I want to imagine. I love marveling at her little body parts. I clipped her toe nails today. They are so cute and adorable. Soon they'll be all gnarly and smelly like the rest of ours. *snort*
--Thinking about Ben's Christmas Program and "Mom's Day Out". He sucked his thumb through the whole thing.
--My flannel sheets. Hmmm....so warm and fuzzy!
--We are all healthy and thriving again!

No comments: