Monday, December 26, 2005

Snapshot Thursday (Late due to Christmas)

What's at the top of my to-do list?
--This is my calendar this week:
-- Today...after Christmas shopping with Sisters and Mom. Eve--Ted has Blues Hockey game
Brother and Dad. Sam spends the night at Grandparents. Racetrack with them tomorrow.
--12/27...Sam and Abby Dental cleaning. Sister and her husband over for dinner.
--12/28...Ted has poker night with buds (really only happens once a year)
--12/29...Date night!!! Abby spends the night at Grandma and Grandpas and goes to see "Annie"
--12/30...Annual Game Night with Women's and Men's Groups
--12/31...New Year's Eve. Have sister and her family over?
--1/1...No plans. Whew

So, I need to figure out a meal for the 27th. I have a Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin in the freezer. I could have that. It's preseasoned. I hope it's good. I'll have greenbeanss and garlic bread and mashedpotatoess. I have this basil pesto that's been in my fridge and it looks really good. I'm going to try it on the green beans and a little on the garlic bread. I've never really cooked with pesto before and I looked up all the uses. It said it's mainly good on vegetables, bread, pasta and chicken. I'm knocking out two of the uses in one night.

--Also need to bring an appetizer to the game night on the 30th. I'll have to think about that one.
--Other than that, my main "to do" is to spend time with my family!!

What have I accomplished?
--We just celebrated Christmas, didn't we?? One major accomplishment!!
--After Christmas shopping produced a great start on Christmas shopping for next year!

What's bugging me?
--Mary bit off the pointy ends of all Ben's new, big crayons (not in one day)
--I wish our Christmas break wasn't so overbooked. I would prefer some more down time. We do have the daytime together at least.
--Sam is spending the night at his Grandparents tonight and I forgot his 2pm dental cleaning tomorrow! Do I reschedule? Ugghhh!!
--My friend Theresa has been in town since the 18th and I haven't been able to talk to her yet.
--My cycle is all screwed up. I need to go to my Gyno. TMI...I know....

What's my latest obsession?
--My new "Master Cook" software. I can enter a brand new recipe and it will calculate the nutritional info based on the ingredients and portions I enter. It's also a database of 8000 recipes!! It will create a shopping list for me based on my recipes I'll be making.
--Spending time with my family. Playing board games.
--Buying Christmas bargains! At Bath and Body I got a bunch of pumps of hand soap with gorgeous gift boxes. I will give them at the family get togethers where we need something small for each person (next Christmas). I'll also give them as Teacher gifts next year. They were only $2 each! I bought 15!

What's been making me happy?
--Ted is on Christmas vacation! He goes back 1/3.
--I got to go shopping today!!
--We have a date night coming up!
--Ted got all these gift cards: a huge one to Best Buy as a bonus for a contract signed, a $110 TJ Maxx one which he gave to me, and a $100 dinner to a nice steakhouse. He also got to take a couple of things out of their "Marketing cabinet"...a signed jersey by Marshall Faulk and a PSP. Neither of which he really cares to own, so we will probably sell them on Ebay. These are nice perks through his job.

No comments: