Wednesday, December 14, 2005

*GASP* Yes...I'm Still Here

OK...so it's only been 6 days since I've posted last, but it seems like a long time to me. I was trying to post more often, but it's been a crazy 6 days.

Abby threw up in the middle of the night last Wednesday night. I guess she was running downstairs to tell us she needed to throw up and threw up her spaghetti all over the stairs. I would have preferred her telling the toilet first and then coming to tell me. Oh well...the slightly tinged pink stairs now match the orangish tinge outside Sam's door. She proceeded to puke on the hour for 3 more hours and continued the same pattern in the morning for another four times. Good thing she's a seasoned pro and knows to puke in the trashcan (the first one always throws her off).

I have two pukers in the family...Abby and Ted. Once is never enough for those guys. I kept Abby home Thursday and Friday. On Friday, Mary had some questionable spit ups. She doesn't usually spit up and these smelled sour. Sure enough, Saturday she throws up. She seemed fine despite these events, and didn't do any more after that.

Sunday, Ted started to feel sick (Oh No! My other puker!). Ted threw up Sunday and then crescendo'd with 3 more (actually, it was more like a "decrescendo" because the biggest one is always the first).

Sunday night I stayed up late, putting off sleeping in the same bed with the puker. For some reason I had a late dinner and ate a big one (leftover mannicoti his mom made) and some bread. What was I thinking eating a huge meal at 9pm!!?? I went to bed at midnight and at least had the satisfaction of knowing Ted would be staying home with me the next day instead of going to work...and maybe he'd skip Men's Group too! Boy...I didn't feel good at all. That mannicoti was sitting like a rock in my stomach. To top it off I had the worse diarrhea! I made runs to our freezing cold toilet seat about every 10 minutes (no lie!). That mannicoti wanted manni-OUTY!! The climax for me was puking. I hate to puke. I think it's the dread I hate more. The actual act is more of a relief, really. After puking, my body rested, it was 3:40pm and time to go to sleep!

Ted felt much better on Monday but stayed home to rest. Good thing he felt better because my body was worn out from all the calisthenics through the night. I was tired...and weak. I layed around. Ted did everything. I took long naps. Yesterday was more of the same. I was tired and crabby. Ted went to work to do some important things and then came back and I crashed in bed. Ahhh....relief. Today I feel much better.

If you are keeping track, 4 out of 6 people in our family were affected by this virus. Sam and Ben did nothing (*eyes to heaven* Thank you Jesus!!)...YET...anyway :-).

Because we were sick:
--Abby missed school for two days
-- Ted missed work for 2 days and missed Men's group
--I missed a Saturday night dinner at Ted's mom and dad and stayed home with the younger two because of Mary
--We canceled our babysitter on Sunday and I went to a Christmas lunch without Ted
--Abby missed a marketing appointment on Tuesday morning to give feedback on some toys since I didn't have the heart to let her miss any more school.

But now we're BACK. And ready for Christmas!!

No comments: