Friday, December 02, 2005

Clutter Spots

^^ BEFORE^^
First of all, before I continue....I'm SO sorry I forgot to mention how much I got for my breast pump!! Ann told me last night (gradeschool friend that I went out with last night) that I left the little teaser out there (see previous blog) and totally forgot to tell you the amount it sold for. It sold for $127.50!!! Can you believe it? I'm telling you, if you have something of value and don't need it anymore....SELL IT ON EBAY AND MAKE MONEY!!! It makes you look at your things in a totally new light. Even my kids look different! (Mmmm....what could I fetch for Ben?) JUST KIDDING!!!!

Anyway...back to the topic. Wanna know what's in my clutter spots? I keep telling myself I'm going to get to these areas, but because they are mostly out of view I put them off. Here are my top clutter areas and the junk I'm having trouble just THROWING OUT! By showing you this I'm hoping it will motivate me to do something about it.

Kitchen Drawer: Scissors, tape measurer, screwdrivers, small scrap paper, dry erase markers, Thank You notes for the two boys Sam took out for his birthday and I NEVER wrote the thank yous (hangs head in shame), three staplers, chip clip, packing tape, way too many pens, pencils, highlighter, safety pins, a batteryless spiderman watch, index cards with chores written on them, a crumbled up drawer liner (no longer lining), kitchen timer, hair cutting comb, lip balm, 3 rubber pads for opening jars (I never use these!!!), matches with a toppless girl on them with her boobs scribbled out (from Dick's Last Resort in Chicago -- Great place we visited B4 kids...would that make those matches 10 years old???? ARggghhh), small hand lotion bottle, one expired coupon (by two years!) for Swifter Wet Jet (I already have one!).

Other Kitchen Drawer: Bully flyer, bandaids, birthday cards for future birthdays, Church bulletin, phone recharger, Abby's soccer portraits, a card from Theresa telling me when she's coming in town (I'm sorry your in my clutter drawer!!!! You are more important than this!), To Go menus, school pictures, pizza coupons, a Homeopathy catalog (never used it...won't use it), Chlor Out water treatment for fish we no longer have, rubberbands, marble run toy piece, medicine cups, die (singular for dice), Abby's lip balm, post it notes, Mary's socks, pokemon card, hot pink ruler...OMG I could go on.

I guess this is what you get for all those "drawer sweeps" I did when I needed a clean counter before people came over. I only did it about 3 times (I hate the thought of facing later), but there have been plenty of times a just threw the miscellaneous item in the drawer because I was too lazy to figure out where it needed to go. See, this is motivating me to clean these drawers. I will do a before and after picture. We can pretend this is Mission Organization, only for two drawers. Just wait, you'll see...and I'll tell you how I did it!

No comments: