Thursday, November 03, 2005

Snapshot Thursday

What's at the top of my to-do list?
--Get gifts for two birthday parties this weekend.
--Cook some meals and freeze
--Get ingredients for a salad I need to bring to a dinner party on Saturday

What have I accomplished?
--Mary's 1st Birthday party!!!!
--Taking "babysteps" with Flylady
--Shopped with a meal plan for a change.

What's bugging me?
--Who took my tweezers??? I'm looking like a bush woman!
--I just discovered Ben's been using my bathroom cup for scooping water out of the toilet and pouring it in his potty chair. Hmmmm...feces receptacle to another...lovely....
--People complaining about our school. Nobody's perfect...could any of us do a better job? If so, interview for it! I just don't like a lot of complaining. I think it's counterproductive and spreads ill will. I'm not saying I never complain. I just usually don't complain about organizations I'm a part of... church, school, sports. I'm so grateful for people who take leadership responsibility and I understand it's a hard job so I guess I just don't get to picky about how things are done.
--Need to get back to eating healthier. Too much chocolate is in the house!!!

What's the buzz?
--Still Flylady. It's mostly what's on my Christmas list. I want her calendar, her duster, and a couple of books...one written by her and the other written by her inspiration. Me and my peers are also talking about what to get our kids for Christmas, we're drawing names, giving each other ideas.

What's my latest obsession?
--Still organizing my house.
--Having a meal plan (inspired by Flylady)

What's been making me happy? (New one)
--(Glance around to see if anyone is looking) Ummm...my kids seem a little easier. I'm allowed more freedom around my house right now. We'll see how long it lasts.
--Ted took off work tomorrow (he surprised me! GASP) to celebrate our dating anniversary of 20 years. Yes, we still celebrate it because we dated for 6 ½ years before marrying! (We met young). His mother is coming over to watch Ben and Mary while Sam and Abby are at school and we are going to spend the afternoon however we please (lunch, movie, shopping). Wow. What a treat!
--I've got a weekend crop coming up!!! I'm so excited. I need to prepare for it though!
--I took Sam, Abby and our neighbor Katherine to church on All Saints Day for a holy day of obligation. This makes me happy for a couple of reasons. This was teamwork in practice. My neighbor Mary went to the 6:30am by herself and then she watched Ben and Mary while I took her daughter and my older two to the 9:00am. We were both tickled pink! Her daughter wouldn't have wanted to go to the 6:30am and I got to pay attention without the younger ones in tow! Another thing that makes me smile is that Sam brought his "Magnifikids" which is a kids version of the "Magnificat" and he got to follow the whole mass along with his book. It was very cute and I could tell he felt more involved with the mass.
--I played a full game of indoor soccer injury free!! It felt so good.
--I'm weaning off of Zoloft. It takes two weeks. I've basically just put it off. I've been doing well for a while. It was for mild postpartum depression.

No comments: