Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A Nice Cup of Blog

The past couple of days have been so crazy, I decided to sit down for a nice cup of blog. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I picture myself with that cozy, relaxed feel as I sit here and type. I've never seen anyone enjoy her coffee more than my friend, Ann. She wraps her fingers around her coffee with both hands and holds it close to her, like she's relishing in the warmth it brings. I'm relishing in just sitting here.

The past couple of days I've been an eBay bidding fool. I'd been bragging about my purchases of digital cameras for the kids when my Dad asked if I could find a camera for them. Of course this excited me to have another reason to shop on eBay! And with someone else's money! I've researched, I've bid, I've won, then discovered it was misrepresented, so I e-mailed, was refunded, bid some more, researched some more, lost some more....then....I WON! When I used that last phrase with my sister, Becky, she was like, "You won what??". Which, technically, she's right. You're not WINNING anything. You are BUYING it. Competitive buying.

Anyway, all of this stuff takes time, absorption and focus. So I've been neglectful of my children. The peak of my neglect was yesterday after picking up the kids from school. We pulled in the garage and Ben refused to get out. I could have forced him, but my mind was moving onto other things. I let him play in the car, planning on checking on him occasionally. Well...I forgot to check on him. I even forgot where he was! I woke out of my glazed "eBay state of mind" and said, "He's still in the car!!". He was no longer happily playing, but crying hard. Please don't call DFS on me. I love my children and I want to keep them! I felt so bad. Bad Mom. How could you forget your child?? You are spending too much time on this eBay stuff! Shame on you! You've learned YOUR lesson!", I admonished myself. "What would other people think if they knew you did this??". *SIGH*.

I did accomplish that final camera purchase and thought I was all done...when Ted said last night in bed, "Now what can we sell?". Oh No! Yes. I have something listed. I'm selling my Medela "Pump In Style" Dual Electric Breastpump. I originally paid $180 for that thing and THAT was a good price because the it went up right after my purchase. I'm hoping to get $100 for it. It's in really good condition and I'm selling lots of accessories with it. Luckily, selling doesn't require quite the amount of time that bidding does. Thank goodness. With the extra money, I hope to get my crop desk!

No comments: