Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Vomit Has Left the Building

Well, I think the nasty bug is gone. Ben and Mary are finished with their diarrhea (Yah!!), Sam is better but felt too tired to go to school today. I'm keeping him home one more day. Abby has sidestepped the whole thing. Ted and I both felt a little yucky Monday night night... with Ted having little appetite on Tuesday (mine was fine). Hopefully Abby is not going to have a delayed reaction and come down with something. She's been very good so far. Sam will have a lot of catch up work to do, having missed 3 days of school! Yuck. I'd just rather not rush him back to school. He can rest when he wants to today and be fully prepared for the grind tomorrow.

I appreciated having a full night of sleep last night for the first time in a while. Mary woke me up at 5:30am fully awake and ready for the day, but Ted let me go back to bed as he had a late appointment and didn't need to leave right away. I feel well rested...the sun is out, the curtains are pushed back to let the sunshine pour in. I welcome it today. I had to draw them on other days so Sam could sleep on the couch. But today, it's full sunshine. Which is compatible to my outlook with the sick days behind us. It can be very depressing cleaning up vomit and diarrhea and listen to the moans of a sick child. There is nowhere to escape and no nanny to do it for you. You cringe as each child shows the beginning signs of housing the nasty virus. You just have to keep plugging away, praying that you don't catch it yourself. I'm grateful to come out virtually unscathed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad those days are behind us