Thursday, January 11, 2007

Dora the Explorer? or Mary the Destroyer!


Which one is she? She is both. One minute she is cute, lovable and charming...the next she is a monster on pigeon toes! Today, I am very focused on cleaning for my party on Saturday. Thankfully she is past her ultra clingy phase, so I can actually get stuff done (Thank you, Lord...I really do mean it). But for every step forward I take one step back. I'm following her path of distruction trying to keep up with her. So far today, we have spilt a box of Cheez-its on the couch, dumped out all the contents of the trunk in the family room, put the training toilet seat into the toilet, opened a bottle of water and drank it with the gusto of a man at the bar and got it all over her, and peed on my bed after refusing to allow me to put her diaper back on after a diaper change. Whew. Cleaning the house AND cleaning up after her require energy and perserverance. Thankfully she has settled down from her Tazmanian Devil pace. She is now watching Dora. Naptime is in 35 minutes.

No comments: