Friday, November 16, 2007

More St. Faustina Quotes

I've been reading St. Faustina's Diary almost every night. This is a book I've been picking up and putting down. I'm in the "picking up stage" right now and really just want to finish it. The last time I wrote some quotes from her diary was back in Spring. Ever since I blogged about her, I often get people searching for her quotes and get my blog. In fact, on Google, when you search 'St. Faustina Quotes on Suffering', my entry comes up first!

Anyway, I read some power punch statements from her Diary last night and I want to share them with you...along with some others I've read in the past:

pg 541, St. Faustina said, "I have found that the greatest power is hidden patience. I see that patience always leads to victory, although not immediately; but that victory will become manifest after many years. Patience is linked to meekness."

pg 529, when St. Faustina was complaining to Jesus about her disappointment with people, Jesus said, "My child, make the resolution never to rely on people. Entrust yourself completely to My will saying, 'Not as I want, but according to Your will, O God, let it be done unto me.' "

pg 530, Jesus says,"My child, know that the greatest obstacles to holiness are discouragement and an exaggerated anxiety...sensitiveness and discouragement are the fruits of self-love."

pg 498, St. Faustina says, "I know well that the greater and more beautiful the work is, the more terrible will be the storms that rage against it."

pg 494, Jesus says,"My daughter, that when I come to a human heart in Holy Communion, My hands are full of all kinds of graces which I want to give to the soul. But souls do not even pay any attention to Me; they leave Me to Myself and busy themselves with other things."

pg 419, St. Faustina says,"How can one be pleasing to God when one is inflated with pride and self-love under the pretense of striving for God's glory, while in fact one is seeking one's own glory?"

pg 416, a conversation St. Faustina had with the Devil, "I felt an interior inspiration to command him in the Name of God to confess to me what he was looking for among the sisters. And he confessed, though unwillingly, 'I am looking for idle souls.' When I commanded him again in the Name of God to tell me which souls in religious life he has the easiest access, he said, again unwillingly,'To lazy and idle souls'. I took note of the fact that, at present, there were no such souls in this house. Let the toiling and tired souls rejoice."

pg 408, St Faustina says,"The more a soul humbles itself, the greater the kindness with which the Lord approaches it."

pg 387, St. Faustina says,"The Lord gave me to know how displeased He is with a talkative soul. He said,'I find no rest in such a soul. The constant din tires Me, and in the midst of it the soul cannot discern My voice.' "

pg 372, St. Faustina prays, "Let all my desires, even the holiest, noblest and most beautiful, take always the last place and Your holy will, the very first."

pg 366, St. Faustina says,"Patience, prayer and silence--these are what give strength to the soul"

pg 350, The Lord says,"My daughter, know that you give Me greater glory by a single act of obedience than by long prayers and mortifications."

pg 316, the Lord says, "Speak to Me about everything in a completely simple and human way; by this you will give Me great joy."

pg 298, the Lord says,"I am giving you three ways of exercising mercy toward your neighbor: the first--by deed, the second--by word, the third--by prayer."

pg 293, St. Faustina says, "Faithful submission to the will of God, always and everywhere, in all events and circumstances of life, gives great glory to God. Such submission to the will of God carries more weight with Him than long fasts, mortifications and the most severe penances."

pg 280, St. Faustina says, "Sweeter to me are the torments, sufferings, persecutions and all manner of adversities by divine will than popularity, praise and esteem by my own will."

Later on the same page, "Amid the greatest torments, I fix the gaze of my soul upon Jesus Crucified; I do not expect help from people, but place my trust in God. In His unfathomable mercy lies all my hope."

pg 249, St. Faustina says, "A humble soul does not trust itself, but places all its confidence in God."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try using the diary entry number instead of the page.

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for posting this! God Bless!

jsempek said...

Thank you for posting these quotes! I work for Broom Tree Retreat Center in the Diocese of Sioux Falls, SD www.broom-tree.org . A priest in our diocese is directing a Lenten retreat here in March and wanted me to use that quote for the ad on our website. He said it to me over the phone and I didn't get all of it. When searching for the exact wording, I found you! Reading your quotes makes me want the re-read the diary again. Thank you and God Bless your Lenten journey toward Jesus. May you travel with resolute determination with Him to Jerusalem.

Anonymous said...

So inspirational! I facilitate a Divine Mercy Cenacle in Allentown, PA and will share your blog with the group. Do you know which diary entries are specific to Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work dear sister for both The Lord and St Faustina are rejoicing about your decision to share their qoutes with the world.
Happy Easter