Thursday, November 15, 2007

She Can Turn On a Dime

I never posted my Halloween pics. I just got around to downloading them from my camera. There are a series of three photos that cracked me up. Let me show them to you:







You may need to go back and scroll through again if you weren't looking at Mary (the angel) in each shot. Go ahead...go look. Ok. See how quickly things change in our house? One minute all is well and the next (I assure you, these shots were all taken with one minute!)...things fall apart. Notice that my kids don't skip a beat (Spiderman, rock star and Anikan Skywalker). They just keep looking and smiling. Of course, I don't know WHAT Ben is looking at in the last picture. Either way, he is unfazed by Mary's cries. The nerd seems to be distracted by it, so is the Doctor, the chef stops smiling...but not my kids. Nope, we do anything for a picture. We are with the neighbor kids in their backyard.


Here's a shot before they went out to Trick Or Treat. Last year Ben wouldn't wear a costume. This year, he proudly wore Spiderman (and didn't want to take it off!). Maybe we'll see the same strides in maturity with Mary this time next year.

It's been rough with her lately, but we'll get through it. She needs a lot of attention and control. I give her as much as I can, but sometimes it just drains me. Last night I went to bed at 7pm. My sinuses were bothering me and she didn't want to leave my side. Bed was a great escape. Today is a new day. It started off rough again, but now feels manageable. If I'm blogging, it's a good sign.

No comments: