Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Abby Stayed Still!!!

Abby's MRI went well tonight. It lasted about 30 minutes with an average of 5 minutes per "picture". Each "picture" required Abby to sit totally still the duration of the 5 minutes. Every session was punctuated with loud clicks, hums and vibrations. We knew during that time to not talk, stay still, and pray. I prayed the first two or three and then it was like...OK...now to pass some time. The rest of them I read magazines. Whenever I felt Abby move her legs I checked her head to make sure that stayed still. There were about two sessions where she moved slightly which would create a slightly blurred picture. He said it should be OK. We didn't have to redo those. If we were unsuccessful with keeping her still, she would have had to go to the hospital to be done and be sedated. Thank God we got it right the first time!! This is a picture of a similar machine except it was over her head instead of the belly as pictured here:

I would have taken a picture but I had to remove all medal objects (like my watch and Abby's earrings) and had to swear I didn't have a medal plate in my head so I could be in there with her. Abby had this hockey mask type of cage around her head (with more breathing room than a hockey mask), which kept her head in the right spot for the picture but did not keep it from moving.

I'm just glad it's over and we should receive results by Friday.

No comments: