Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dentists, Mom's Day Out, Poop, and Employment

I just went to the dentist this morning to get a couple of old metal fillings replaced with pretty white ones. They were in bad shape and starting to crack so it needed to be done. I'm glad to get two of them out of the way (one more to go), but I feel like I was in a fight! My lip feels swollen but when I look in the mirror, there is no tell-tale sign of the discomfort I feel. I have a small mouth and my jaw was not made to open that wide for long periods of time! Not only that, but I can't feel the left side of my face and I keep crunching accidentally on my lip. Yes, I can't feel it now, but I'm sure it will not feel great when the feeling comes back. My appointment was at 8:45 and now it is almost 5 hours later. Ughh. I guess I'd rather be numb for hours than not have enough of that numbing juice. I've been there before and it's NO picnic! I remember my dental visits as a youth were filled with dread. I always felt shots of pain as he drilled over sensitive nerves. My current dentist does not have the problem of under numbing. He's a good number. Get it? Hahahaha....ouch..it's hurts to laugh.

On to other topics...yesterday was Parent's Day Out and it was a dream day. Ted helped me as I scrambled to get the little ones out the door and... oh how I will miss him when he goes back to work. Once we dropped them off we came back home and cleaned up the house, folded laundry, wrapped presents, went out to lunch, came back continued wrapping until HE went to get the little ones from MDO and the older ones from school. This gave me an extra hour to wrap and the presents are FINISHED!! When he got home, Becky, my sister arrived with her baby which HE watched while we went shopping and out to eat together. Does that not sound like a dream day to you?? I floated on air when I got back. Ted was not floating, however. He was DOA on the couch because the little ones were NOT particularly good. I showered him with appreciation and love. I was so grateful for the gift that the day was. I know I will not have this kind of help forever. He's getting very close to nabbing a job with AT&T. We hope to hear more about the job that is available by tomorrow or Friday. Today he's meeting with his old job to discuss the position available there.

One thing that has happened from Ted being home is his appreciation of what I deal with in a day. I try to describe it to him, but nothing is like experiencing it for yourself. Now he understands how I can be fine in one conversation and crazy in the next. Obviously, it's not all bad, but lately things have been more difficult with Mary. She is a force to reckon with. She gets into and destroys everything. It's hard to keep up with her. When Ted and I came back to house after dropping off the kids at PDO, I spent the first 45 minutes just cleaning up messes she made with game pieces and other disasters she created around the house. I sure will miss him. Ted has cleaned half (or more than half) of Ben's poops (which I contemplating diaper training him on the poops so we don't have to go through this mess every other day). Ben is still not poop trained and it's getting old. Some people say they will just decide one day to do it. When will that day be? Will it come with an announcement?? For now, he continues to just walk in the room like a penguin with a load in his pants, and we have to delicately pull down wet pants wrapping a fine package of poop. This too shall pass. Until then, I will appreciate all the help I have dealing with it right now. I think come January 2nd, Ted will be employed. Let's hope and pray.

No comments: