Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Dentist and The JOB OFFER!!

My numb lip tingles with the beginnings of feeling. Yup. I had a dentist appointment this morning and I am DONE. Three is enough! I had to make trips to replace 3 metal fillings for resin ones. And the cool thing is, these are WHITE! But it was a painful, awkward process. Opening my mouth for that long and that wide is not my strength! They had gauze stuffed over here, and a big suctioner over there and the water sprayer as well as the drill. My mouth was not made for all of that!! Now my jaw hurts...but alas, I can eat again. Eating is very important to me. Do you know it takes 5 hours for this stuff to wear off??

Anyway, I've been remiss in updating you. The last you heard, my husband, Ted was waiting for a phone call and....it came!! Yesterday, he finally got the call telling him that were putting together an offer for a "Senior Account Executive". HR called later to start the hiring paperwork. I think they are in a hurry to get this done before the holidays. Right now, as I type, Ted is talking in our bedroom where he is assured of complete noise control. Uh...the door is opening. I think he's done. Hang on....

OK...I'm back. Ted got a follow up call from AT&T with an official job offer. Finally, the day we have been waiting for has arrived! It's a solid offer with comparable pay to Ted's last job. Of course, when you are in sales, you have to work your way into decent commission. It comes in time. I think we are ready to make that sacrifice in order to gain the stability of AT&T. AT&T represents stability and growth potential. We were hoping for a greater base pay, but we are starting at a new company, with new potential. So it's worth it. Ted called Charter and now they are scrambling to get their offer on the table with AT&T's before he officially accepts it. Too little, too late. They want to hire him with the plan to promote him to manager when that position is ready. We weighed it. We really did. Nope. Goodbye Charter. How can you trust them anymore? Who knows what would happen?

So we're looking at a job that would start 1/8 or 1/15. Three to four more glorious weeks with Ted. But now we have the security of a job. Like I said, we'll have to work back into making the commissions he was making. There is no promise he'll make that same amount again. So, of course we are officially putting off our Jamaica trip til next year since we won't be getting very much vacation right away. We want to save our vacation for Door County in July.

One good thing we aren't going to sacrifice is my ring! We went shopping last Tuesday and I picked one out! New job at a new company, new boss, new beginnings....new ring...all in the new year! I hope this is where God wants us to be.

December 21...OK...sometimes it takes me a couple of days to write a blog. Sorry. Right now, Ted is again locked in our bedroom asking many more questions about the job. He's also going to ask for more money. If we're going to take a pay cut, it sure would be nice have at least less of one! I'll post this one and update later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eeeek!!! I am so excited for you guys! You have been on my mind a lot for this intention.

I am so glad he is at least asking for more money - sometimes you have to barter a little!