Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Snapshot Tuesday

My computer has been ill and I so missed it!!! I wrote a "Snapshot" in Word a couple of days ago so I'll post it now. I've had to relocate my laptop because the little ones were getting on it too much and messed up my wireless network. I don't know how to do anything from another computer! Going to another computer is like being in someone else's house! I didn't know where to go for anything. I couldn't log into Blogger because I couldn't remember my ID. I couldn't read my e-mail because I couldn't figure how to switch accounts. Anyway, I'm back and in a different location. We'll see how it goes. Here's my Snapshot:

What have I accomplished?
It’s been one of those weeks where I have accomplished a lot of little things that, individually, don’t sound like much, but to me, they each packed a great punch when they got taken care of. Here’s my little list “Power Punchers”

--Ironed on patches to Sam and Abby’s Scouts uniforms. This pile sat on the corner of my dresser all summer!! I kept it out so I wouldn’t forget about it, but no time felt unvaluable enough to spend ironing on patches! Wow! It feels great to get that done!!

--Went through 2 bags of clothes that were handed down to me for the kids. Some went into drawers, some got stored for future use and some went to the poor. But they are done!! They were sitting in a corner of my room and making me feel just a little more weighed down every time I glanced at them. Now …whoooshh! Gone!

--Set aside time to crop for the first time all summer. I finished journaling in one album so I could put that final touch—the page protector—on each page… and the grand finale was setting it on my bookshelf! I got three quarters of the way through another album and that one will soon make it to my shelf also! I just kept putting off the journaling part so these albums were sitting in a “holding zone” of sorts until they were finished. It felt so good to get moving on them. I'm now two years behind on my kids albums and 9 months behind on my family album. I'm determined to catch up. I’m very simple in my scrapbooking approach and I can get a lot done in one sitting because of this. My pages do not look like they come out of magazines…at all. I use mainly paper to give color to the page and hardly ever use stickers. I don't buy any of the fancy stuff. I just want to get them done. I show my style in pictures as soon as Blogger starts allowing me to post pictures again.

--Organized my shoes in a new shoe cubby. I know you heard about this one already…but it was a Power Puncher so I had to include it! I can see my closet floor again and this makes me feel unbelievably good.

--Cleaned up my toy area behind the couch and brought them all downstairs in preparation for their new home when it is finished. I also brought a couple of big toys downstairs that became fixtures in our family room that never really got played with because they got so used to seeing them. I think keeping them downstairs will keep them novel.

The funny thing about these accomplishments (that happened at different times throughout the week)…is that for as much as they packed the Power Punch, the decision to do them came without fanfare. It was just a decision and…BOOM…it was done. It makes you wish you didn’t wait so long to do them. Sometimes we build something up to be so much bigger, complex, time consuming…then it really is.

What's been bugging me?
--Computer problems…because the kids have taken them over and now there are many“bugs” we have to work on. My laptop is not connecting to the network for some reason so I can’t get on the internet. This blog was composed in “Word” and I'll have to copy and paste it into my blog later. I hate not being able to get on the internet.

--Mary got a hold of a Boston Fern I got for helping with my sister, Becky’s shower. It was like a dog attacked it. Fern pieces were all over the floor.

What's been making me happy?
--My new interest in organizing my house. I go through so many waves. This is my house wave. I just got rid of a bunch of stuffed animals from Abby's room and gave a bunch of Ben's old clothes to my sister, Becky. I think my house is losing weight and it feels great! I'm just glad I'm motivated. The first 6 weeks of summer I was not motivated. It's a gift. Thank you, God!

No comments: