Friday, August 04, 2006

I Miss My Computer

This is a quick update before hopping into bed. We just started painting the ceiling tonight. We'll employ Sam and Abby to help us paint the walls (we'll see how that goes). You wouldn't believe how thrilled they are to help! We'll paint tomorrow and whenever else we can fit it in. Next Saturday, the baseboards and doors will be installed. Today I ordered the carpeting from Home Depot. They will come out to measure on Monday.

I haven't been on to blog because of, again, too much competition for the computer. Please excuse my absence until the end of August when I am sure to be on more. I write so many mental blogs that never make it to the computer, which tells me how much I enjoy the whole process. I'm petitioning for another used computer but I only got a chuckle from the man in charge. I know...I know...we have three already. But another computer would allow me to use mine! Ted says I need to be more firm and kick them off mine. Well, I have banned the under 4 crowd and so I'm less worried about damage. But computer users still outnumber computers. Yes, my kids are addicted to Internet forums like "Club Penguin". Ben is addicted to "Nickjr.com", "Playhousedisney.com", "Thomasthetankengine.com", and "Pbskids.org". It makes them all very happy. I get a LOT done when they are on the computers. However, I would just like to spontaneously get on myself while everyone else is happily entertaining themselves. Then I reason that the kids will be going back to school and why should we staff up our computers for peaks? I feel so silly writing about such a topic. But you see, my brother rebuilds old computers. I can get them dirt cheap. Like $150 for the whole kit and caboodle. And here's my other argument...whenever the cousins or friends come over, they head straight for the computers! They know we have plenty and they all log on to play their internet games. Nothing in our house, no toy, no room, no game...gets utilized more than our computers.

Some people have trampolines, some people have game rooms, some people have pools. We have computers! It's like our signature. Why not have one more? I know. There are people starving in China...our parents were happy to have one computer...I'm selfish for wanting one more. *Sniff* But I really miss my computer.

Ok...I'll stop.

No comments: