Sunday, January 08, 2006

Theresa and Me


Here's a picture of Theresa and me. It was taken the day we went out with our grade school friends. We had a great visit and as she left after our second visit, we made the usual promises to keep in better touch. We mean to, but it's hard. The cool thing about it is, it never seems like much time has passed whenever I see her again. It's like putting on an old glove that always fits no matter how long it's been since you've worn it last. Theresa always fits. I think that's why we'll always be good friends...despite not being the best correspondents.

I realized that I miscalculated when Ben would be in full-time school. It's only 3 years away! Suddenly, my trip to Australia doesn't feel so far in the future! 3 years! Of course, if I think about 3 years ago today and what I was doing....OMG, I was in a different life!! 3 years ago today, I was living in another house, with TWO kids! I was five months pregnant with Ben. We had just purchased a Boston Terrier and were reeling from the stress of his existence in our house. Sam was in 1st grade and Abby was in 3 year old preschool.

Where did those years go? In some ways they feel like they went by so fast but in others they feel so far away. Kids are a great barometer of time. All of their changes remind me that life is moving, swiftly.

A lot can happen in three years. Where will I be three years from now? I'll almost be 40. Ted and I will have been married 16 1/2 years. Sam will be 12, Abby will be 10, Ben will be 6, and Mary will be 4. I'll have three kids in full time school and one in preschool. I'll be enjoying some freedoms....but I can't help but think I'll also be wondering where the last three years went.

No comments: