Thursday, January 19, 2006

Snapshot Thursday



What’s at the top of my to-do list?
--Make a dessert for the Pinewood Derby on Saturday (uggh).
--Reschedule Sam's dental cleaning
--Collect information on "How to Spend Quite Time with God" for my retreat in less than two weeks

What have I accomplished?
--I'm gradually cleaning up clutter spots
--Finished painting Sam's room last weekend. Now we only have Ben's to go and the whole house will have been repainted (since January 04 when we moved in)
--I bought bulletin boards for the kids' rooms and put material on them. (See above)
--Ordered a glow in the dark Star chart poster for Sam's room (he loves the stars)

What’s bugging me?
--Ted thinks I sometimes divulge too much info on my blog. He didn't like my last entry. I see his point of view. I try not to talk about people. I did share something very personal about a person I barely know myself. His fear is that someone would see it that knows me and knows who's in my carpool and her secret would be out. I just see the chance of this happening as very rare. None of the mom's at my kid's school even know I have a blog. Her name is not mentioned. But I do feel disturbed that he feels this way. I see his point of view. If there is any input out there that I have crossed the line....I will delete the entry. I just think it's an interesting situation. One that can teach me something. I like sharing things that me and other people can learn from. Input people? I told him very few people even read my blog and even fewer are regulars. However, he has a very good moral compass and I want to pay attention to it. He reads my blog too...Hi honey. :-)

--Mary's ear infection never went away after 10 days on amoxicyllin (sp?). Now she's on Augmentin. At least she doesn't puke up the antibiotics like Ben used to. He dreaded taking them so much, he'd get all worked up...We'd inject it down his throat and *blech* it all came back up. So I am very grateful that Mary eventually becomes cooperative and takes her medicine. I DO NOT take it for granted!

-- When Ben comes to me with a need (either in tears or regular), Mary cries louder than him and runs to me. She is very possessive and wants me to pick her up instead of him. As soon as I pick her up, she's quiet.

--Ben will NOT let me wash his hair...which has turned into not wanting a bath at all because he realizes they are related. My last bath episode turned into a disaster! Both Ben and Mary were screaming (her feeding off of him) wanting out of the tub like they were in the middle of a hurricane! Ted had to do it last time and forced him. I praised him over and over for his bravery. He said, "Thank you, Mommy". Oh...these words will forever melt my heart. I said, "Were you scared?" and he said, "Yah"....*sniff* *sniff*.

--The pile of dishes in my sink

What’s my latest obsession?
--Getting rid of clutter!
--Finishing the decorating of my kid's rooms

What’s been making me happy?
--My sister Becky is PREGNANT!!!! She's due Sept 24. We are so excited!
--The kids had great report cards!!
--Ben and Mary have had two decent days. Not too clingy...able to entertain themselves. Thank you, Lord!
--Date night this Saturday!!
--Crop day this Sunday!!
--We're planning a camping trip this summer to Gulf Shores, AL. We're just making sure the beaches are OK and everything is in better condition.
--My retreat is coming up. Ahhhh....a weekend away...to rest...to listen to God...to share time with a group of wonderful women.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I read your blog from time to time and I have to agree with your husband on this one.
The computer is a weird contraption letting us get involved in strangers lives via the internet.
Just because readers don't respond to your blog doesn't mean they aren't reading it.
You are a very talented writer and your blog shows how much you enjoy this outlet.
Enjoy your retreat, from what I have read, you deserve it!

Missy said...

Thank you so much for your input. I said that if I had someone else who felt this way, I would delete that particular entry. And so I have. I feel better now just having the load off my back. Thank you for speaking up! And feel free to speak up more. I like input!!