Monday, March 03, 2008

This N That

Mary--Today was a much better day. Mary didn't reach any of those dizzying heights that she reached last week. I just think sometimes they are more tired than normal and that can turn a typical, functioning 3 year old (is there such a thing?) into a raving lunatic. It doesn't mean she was an angel...she was just more of the Mary I know. I still want to make my changes of expecting more from her, I just thank God she is back to 'normal Mary'.

Family Room--Tomorrow we will be getting the two chairs delivered! I can't wait to see them because I forgot what my swatch looked like and I couldn't find it when I went back to the store. There is some bad news...the carpet will be much more expensive than I thought. I forgot to calculate waste. Argghhh. I just don't want to spend that money right now. I have to buy a plane ticket to Australia! We are less than a year away now! That will come first. We'll have to wait to replace our horribly old and stained carpeting. I like it when it's winter because when I'm entertaining this time of year, the sun goes down quicker and you can't see how bad the carpet is. However, Ben's birthday is in May. It will definitely be sunny then. Oh well. I don't really think my family cares.

Once the chairs are delivered and the mirror is hung above the couch...I will take my promised 'after pictures'. You'll just have to see it with old carpeting.

Ted is Back--It's so nice having Ted back home. He says his retreat went great and he's really glad he got to go. On Sunday we had a nice time catching up while the kids played outside in the 70 DEGREE WEATHER. Do you believe it is going to snow tonight? Welcome to Missouri!!! Anyway, I gradually told him about the Mary horror story and he sympathized, but was glad I came out of it more determined to stand my ground with her.

A Load a Day--Man, I'm bad. Would you believe I've already messed this one up?? I was thrown off by a busy morning of registering Mary for Mom's Day Out for next year, delivering the cousin's guitar hero they left at our house and then running Ben to school. I'll try to get back on track.

CRHP Meeting--I had a great CRHP meeting last night (on top of everything else this weekend!). We talked about the importance of doing an 'Examen'. When our leader for the night mentioned this, I wasn't sure what she was talking about. It's basically a review of the day. I used to journal in a binder nightly and realized I should get back to this because it was basically an examen. I would write what I was thankful for, how I failed that day, my intentions for others, and my own personal petitions. I decided to add a section where I could put any words of knowledge I received in mass, from others, from my groups, etc. This would make it possible for me to look back on them for encouragement. I also want to get better about my intentions which I have not updated. I made this binder after I wrote out my Rule...and decided I could do it from memory without writing it down. Now I know it won't happen if I don't write it.

Jazzercise--I'm so sad. I missed too much Jazzercise while Ted was gone. This week is so crazy with a Boy Scout meeting, a required meeting for parents of third graders, regional band practice, and a PTO Board meeting that I have no idea how I will squeeze in my two times during the week. I know Saturday will be a sure one. I think the only possible other day I can fit in is Wednesday. Darn.

Snow--The kids are probably going to be home tomorrow because of SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! We are supposed to get 4-8 inches. We've had 3 snow days already. This is when I keep kicking myself for not buying sleds at the beginning of the season. It will be my mission next year to get them BEFORE the first snowfall. My neighbor is getting frustrated with all the snow days. I'm not sure if it's because we're going to go later in the year, or if it's having all the kids home (she has four, too). All I know is that I'm a kid at heart and I LOVE snow days...even as a mom.

No comments: