Monday, July 24, 2006

Notable Quotables

I wrote this blog in March. I published it in April, but it appeared under March. I don't think anyone saw it. I'm republishing it and adding a new quote at the end.

"It's like lifting a building"
This was Sam's response when I asked him why it was so hard for him to give me a kiss on the cheek. He wanted a Tagalong and I told him I would give it to him if he gave me a kiss on the cheek. He refused. I never got that kiss. I knew it would be hard but I wondered how hard. I wondered if there was a cookie as a reward, if he would do it. Oh well. I settled for a very sloppy hug. He's very awkward with affection. I force hugs on him all the time. He fights me off but my dad always tells me, "Trust me, a son always wants his mother's affection."

"Sam, you just missed my big fart!"
My very lady-like daughter said this to her brother after she passed gas on a wood chair (which always makes it louder and kind of echo-y)."Scuse you"What my 2 1/2 year old son, Ben, said to Abby (his older sister by 5 years!!) after she passed the echo-y gas.

"I think it's orange or red rain"
Sam said as he was reaching out the sliding door to feel the rain during a downpour. He was referring to the colors they show on Doppler Radar.

"Don't you have to be married to do that?"
Ahhh...the innocense of youth. Sam said this after watching a couple kissing in the movie "Aquamarine".

No comments: