Sunday, July 02, 2006

Back from Eminence--Circle B Campground

We just got back from Eminence, Missouri and I have to say it was the best time I've had in a long while! It was just what I needed. We had 8 other families with us not including my parents and my younger sister, Becky. We had so much fun. The kids really cooperated to contribute to the success of the extended weekend getaway. Thank you God! I have to say it was better than my experience at Gulf Shores. I guess Gulf Shores gave us a good warm up to this trip. We were better prepared and the younger ones seemed more laid back. I also think all the people there helped to contribute to the fun factor. I'm telling you...the fun factor was huge. We had a campfire every night with s'mores and other yummy campfire goodies made on those iron clamps. One night we even had campfire music to the tune of 3 guitar players! We went on a float trip with Sam and Abby and 9 other canoes in our group while my mom and dad watched Ben and Mary. Saturday night Ted stayed back with Ben and Mary while I took Sam and Abby to mass with my family and then out to eat. Any down time we had was spent lazily on the rocky shores of the Jacks Fork river. I was in heaven. There was no sand to bug Ben...no sandy car rides to and from the beach...and unlike Gulf Shores there were lots of trees for shade and a cool breeze wafted through them. I guess I'm just a Missouri girl after all. Actually, I don't want to cut down Gulf Shores, Eminence wouldn't look that great after a hurricane either.

The picture to the left is some of the women, or should I say "mom's", who came on our trip with us. We decided on a last minute "mini-float" with our kids innertubes. The boys watched the kids while we laughed and floated (and I'm sure we all took a potty break)...ok...I'm sorry...TMI.

Anyway, I'm loving me new attitude. My decision to be happy...despite the fits, despite the messes never get cleaned, despite the house maintenance that is left undone, despite the constant needs of the young ones. God's giving me neat little things to smile about that were probably always under my nose I just was too focused on the other things to notice them. I'm sure I'll hit a slump again, but I hope it's not for a while, and that I remember what I've learned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Made me smile again! Sounds like the perfect trip...don't you just love those? Glad it went well and you are all home safely.