Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Day One of the Basement Remodel




These are pictures I took "Day One" of the basement remodel (June 27). I had to clear out the basement before they started their work so it's not a legitimate "before" picture. We had it set up with an old carpet on the floor and separated into a playroom and a family room. I couldn't wait to get rid of that old carpet...it was 25 years old. Uck. It was a gift of the previous owners and it always felt dirty and old to me. I can't wait to have new carpet, but new carpet is expensive so we'll see when that happens. We knew it was something we could do later so we went ahead with the renovation not knowing if we could totally finish it. That's ok. However, I am having a Women's Group meeting at my house at the end of the month and I would LOVE to have it all finished by then....but we are doing the painting and the carpeting ourselves. Anything we do ourselves takes longer. I mentioned my desires to Ted, telling him we should order the carpet now (free financing through Home Depot) so we can finish it in one fell swoop. Ted is a "wait and see" kinda guy. I'm not good with "wait and see". My mom would say that all the time..."Let's wait and see". Is this necessary? Free financing! What difference does it make? Ok, patience, Missy. You can temporarily set up furniture in the room before you put in carpeting! What's the big deal? The big deal? It's like putting clothes on before taking a shower! It's out of order! Ok. I'll stop the conversation with myself.

Besides all the hammering, things are going pretty well around here. After Mary clings to me for first part of the morning, she actually separates and plays better on her own. Ben just seems easier to please and content. Sam and Abby are quite self sufficient and don't cause any problems. My summer has made a turn around and I'm grateful to God for it. I'm finding energy to do the things that have been bugging me. I'm definitely more productive when I'm happy.

No comments: