Friday, October 28, 2005

If I Had $50,000...

If you had $50,000, and were forced to spend it…what would you spend it on? I love doing this. I love pretending I have huge sums of money and figuring out how I would spend it. I lot of my figures are estimates....but it was a fun exercise.
New wedding ring--$3000?
Replace blacktop driveway with concrete--$6000?
Update upstairs (new paint, baseboards, doors and bathroom)--$3000
New furnace and air conditioner—I have no idea $5000?
New roof--$8,000?
Put hardwood floors in the Dining Room, Breakfast room and Kitchen. $8000?
Dining Room furniture (the room is still bare)--$3000
Build custom storage (shelving and cabinets) in the hall to my bathroom-$2000
Take a trip to Disney World as a whole family (no camping, fly)--$5000
Save the remaining $7000, to replace as much carpeting as I could, when kids get older and aren’t so messy.

Can you tell I have a 25 year old house that needs some work?

Now it's your turn...where would YOU spend it??

No comments: