Friday, October 29, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh my!

Sometimes I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. A little overwhelmed with life and the demons I have to fight along the way. It seems like it's never just one thing...there's this and then there's that and then there's all the stuff in the future. I'm sure my demons are no worse than anyone else's. The stresses of work, the stresses of home...keeping it clean, and the stresses of family...trying to be a good wife and mother. Some days it feels easy and some days it feels hard. The thing is...God never said we had to fight the lions and tigers and bears. He just wants us to keeping getting up in the morning and trust in Him and take one action at a time.

Sometimes I've noticed when I take one action at a time and only focus on the action that is set before me at that moment, it seems less overwhelming. And piece by piece, the battle has been fought and I didn't even realize it. It's done. Overreaction is a beast in itself. How many times did I think I was facing a mountain when it turns out to be a mole hill? How many times did I not take into account the help I would get along the way? How many times did I worry and stress over something that never came to be? I guess this is why God wants us to trust in Him. We would save ourselves a lot of worry.

Trusting sounds easy, but it can be very difficult. However, the longer I live, the more I realize that most problems I encounter along the way are somehow dealt with in life. It's here and then it's gone. Or it cycles in and out of my life and I just have to learn to live with it and trust that God will help me with it. He doesn't always take them away. He sometimes uses them for our growth.

So I will continue to cycle into my times of feeling overwhelmed. It's just a fact of life. But each time I go into the battle with a little more wisdom from the time before ...and it doesn't scare me as much. And I also realize...I'm not alone. I have help! Just keep going on the yellow brick road!

No comments: