Sunday, October 24, 2010

Is This Thing On?

My last blog was January 14, 2009. Woah. I purposely stopped. My life got too busy. And actually, I really didn't stop writing. Well, maybe I did for a little bit. But then I started writing in a paper journal. You know...the old fashioned kind. I still do that. But typing is faster.

I'm trying this on again much like you try on an old sweater that you used to like, but kind of forgot about. I may wear it again, I may not. Who knows. Like I said, my life is VERY busy, but that's kind of why I want to do it again. I unwind by writing. I find it therapeutic. I'm not going to worry about what it looks like, or if it's interesting to other people. I just want to do it. Because. I said so. LOL. I just wanted to say that. See? It feels good!

Anyway, it'll take me a while to catch up here. Basically, the writing became rare once I got a job. I started doing status updates on Facebook. Shorter and easier. But I got a little obsessed with Facebook and was spending oodles of time on it. Then I got bored with it. Now I'm hardly ever on the computer and that is fine.

Tell me if you see this post so I can see who I'm talking to. I guess it's ok if it's just me. But I talk to myself all the time and that can get boring. So like the title of an old blog I used to read, I'm asking, "Is this thing on?"

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I like your sweater and I think you look good in it...because I said so! Welcome back! :)

Kathy said...

Nice to hear what's new with you. Especially liked the photos of your mom with the kids....she's always been a real trooper with kids!