Friday, February 01, 2008

SNOW DAY!!!


Today the kids had a snow day. I love snow days. The excitement reminds me of when I was a kid and we prayed that school would be canceled after the slightest bit of snow. To find out that we could stay at home and play in the snow all day was such a thrill. And now I get to relive that through my kids. It's great to have them home. And although it can get hectic with the in and out, snow trampled in and melting on the floors, and the coats, hats, snowbibs and gloves going in and out of the dryer, it's still a refreshing change from the regular day.
I would have to say this year marks a first for us. All four kids equally participated in all the sled riding activities. It was Ben and Mary's first year sledding down a hill. I can't honestly remember them doing it last year. I know the older kids went out to a special hill, but I think I stayed home and watched Ben and Mary. I was so happy to get out there and document it this moment. Not only did I document it, but I also went down the hill on a snowboard with a handle (kind of like a scooter). It was so fun and exhilirating. I felt like a kid again! I love showing the kids a different side to me.
As lovely as it was, it wasn't all roses. Mary had a rough time and cried most of the time. She wanted a sled that was the neighbors, but couldn't have it. Ben was pretty good most of the time. Despite the tears, we had a great time. We were in our neighbors yard, so it was easy to scoop Mary up and take her home after I felt everyone had had enough listening to her whailing.
After the neighbors, Sam and Abby went to a friends house to sled, then I picked them up and we went to my sister, Lisa's, to eat dinner and then sled some more! What great sleep they will have tonight!
Ted is on retreat this weekend so I'm going at it alone. Sam has a basketball game tomorrow at 9am, and then I'm going to a fundraiser tea with my mom and sisters. Other than that, we are pretty free.





No comments: