Sunday, February 10, 2008

I LOVE JAZZERCISE!!!

I absolutely LOVE Jazzercise!! I went Saturday and felt like it was totally for me! It was exactly what I thought it would be: Led by an energetic and too happy to be real instructor, high energy dance/aerobic moves, all set to great music. They greeted me with friendliness, no clickiness and it was a classroom of women of all ages, shapes and sizes. The instructor was always offering ideas on how to make each move more of a challenge for you or less of a challenge if you wanted low impact. It is what you make it. I can come straight out of bed, throw on clothes that may be too tight to wear anywhere else and make a fool out of myself while I try to learn all the moves. It's awesome.

Although, really, I can only come "straight out of bed" on Saturdays. My goal is to fit two afternoon/early evening classes somewhere else in the week. This would not be favorite time to workout, but it will have to do until Mary is in preschool (a year and a half from now). Until then, I hope to have Sam and Abby watch the kids one day at 4:25pm and another for the 5:35pm sessions. We'll see how this goes. I'm a little nervous that the time of day is too crazy for me to be gone. But I am NOT one to workout at 5:30am in the morning and I really don't want to take my kids to the free babysitting because I could picture that being a disaster. I'm afraid to even try it like my husband is really wanting me to do.

The success of this hinges on my commitment to this. I hope this can be a regular pattern for me. One I stay committed to for a long time. Any new thing you try is an experiment and you never know how it will turn out. This just seems like it has all the ingredients it needs to work for me. Let's hope!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in Redlands, California and I LOVE JAZZERCISE too!!! Yay!