Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Saga Continues...

I know you all don't want to hear more about my mini-disc melodrama, but the saga continues. To explain why buying this mini-disc is so complex...there are about 25-30 different models that have been released since the mid '90's. It has taken me forever to understand their differences and when I was looking...I didn't really know which one I wanted.


Let me give you a brief rundown of what I am looking for. I want a mini-disc that you can plug in a microphone and record live music, interviews, or talks. THEN, I want to be able to upload the file to my computer....THEN, I want to be able to burn it to a CD (or just keep it on my computer for blogs. I've been borrowing my brother-in-law's for these very needs. BUT I WANT MY OWN!!! I've already told you many of the uses I have planned for it . And many of the uses I have already borrowed my B-in-law's to do them. But I still want to have one the fun of recording the kids and any other music need that comes up.


Anyway..this strong desire started back in May, when I borrowed my B-in-laws for about a month. By mid-June I had found a good deal on one and received it, only to find out I couldn't upload any of my recordings!!! So I put it on eBay to sell it. Back to the drawing board. Now I know I need a Hi-MD to record. So the same day I sold my mini-disc, I bid on a Hi-MD and won it. When I received it in the mail, it didn't work! It was obvious they didn't test it. He said, "I took the buyer's word for it that it worked." Not a good idea! The most recent installment on this saga happened when I bid on one last weekend, won it, and then discovered that it does not record live stuff. You can only copy CD's to it, but there is no way to record. UGH! It was misrepresented by the seller so I didn't pay and sent an e-mail explaining why. Now I'm back on eBay looking for something that is fairly hard to find at a decent price. I think I understand the model numbers and all their differences now. I'm ready. It's just such a cool gadget, I don't want to give up. I told Ted it can be my Christmas and b-day gift, I don't care! I think he's heard all this before. I get all my gifts early and I pick them out myself! Who knows better than me! Well, I'd always be happy with a surprise trip somewhere...hint...hint.

No comments: