Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Good Meal, A Trick for Teethbrushing

I'm sitting outside Ben's door right now. I love my laptop. It doesn't stop me. I can bring it along wherever I want to go. Sometimes, I'll take it into the family room while Ted's watching TV and finish whatever I was doing. Anyway, Ben is starting to drift off.

Today, Ted's parents came over and took Sam, Abby and Ben to see Shrek 3. Afterwards, they came over for dinner. It was a great meal! We had chicken kabobs. I love kabobs filled with vegetables! I followed this recipe I found on the web it was yummy. I liked having potatoes on my kabob because it was a full meal in an of itself. I definitely recommend it. I was looking for a recipe that had the potatoes in it, and used balsamic vinegar and oil as a glaze. I followed the recipe to a "T", but next time I will either cut the potatoes smaller or cooking them all the way through before grilling. They were a little hard. Jane brought a salad and I made some cheese garlic bread. For dessert, we had the "JELLO No Bake Cheesecake". I love those boxes. It was very light and refreshing. After dinner, we played wiffleball outside and I brought out strawberry smoothies. I bought a packet mix at the store. It called for the packet, 10 oz of milk, 1 cup of sliced strawberries, and 10 ice cubes. Ted said it could be creamier. Next time, I'll my own recipe with no packet. I thought it tasted good, but I could have used a creamier smoothie too.

Ben is officially asleep. One more thing before I unplug and head downstairs. Ben was having a fit as I forced him off the computer to get ready for bed. I knew it would be hard to get him to brush his teeth. Remember when I told him about cavities when we were camping? Well, he was fighting me so hard, throwing himself on the ground when I said,"Ben, we need to brush the cavities off your teeth!" He stopped the crying immediately, jumped to his feet and rushed to the sink!! It was hilarious. As I helped him brush his teeth, I said, "Gotta brush those cavities off. Yup...they are coming right off!" I'll have to remember that one. No late night with questions either. I knew he was tired.

Time to go.

No comments: