Monday, March 19, 2007

A Snapshot

What's at the top of my to-do list?
This week is busy with activities:
--The kids started their swimming lessons today
--Ted had Men's group tonight
--Wednesday I will help set up for the Art Fair at school and Cub Scouts is in the evening
--Thursday night is a night out with my grade school friends
--Friday night is a family get together for March birthdays (mine included) on my side of the family
--Saturday is a Family Reconciliation service and that evening we have a celebration of March birthdays on Ted's side.
--Sunday is my monthly all day crop day.
Anything I accomplish on top of all of this will be a bonus.

What have I accomplished?
--I'm on a healthy kick again. I don't know how long it will last, but it started with giving up soda for lent. Then I got motivated to give up chips, ice cream, cookies. I've been successful except for a Girl Scout cookie here and there. I'm trying to eat more fruits and vegetables. Yes, you've heard it before...I'm trying again. I've stocked my pantry and fridge with my favorite healthy foods: cottage cheese topped with pineapples (yum), granola bars that have nuts and fruit and not as much sugar, cashews (OK, they are high in fat...will find some better nuts...soy?), dried fruit (raisins so far...but I want to experiment), mushrooms, green beans, green leaf lettuce, chicken, whole grain crackers, grapes, strawberries, apples. I'm watching Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller on Food Network for ideas. The only problem is that our favorite local custard shop has reopened. YIKES!!! I hope I can indulge every now and then...but for now I am staying away. Ted is amazed at my resolve. The other day he brought home donuts...my favorite is the creme filled. I told him NOT to bring it home. I did not have one donut! The ice cream in the freezer is sitting there. I am NOT eating it. The kids are eating all the Girl Scout cookies. I've had maybe 5 total in the 10 days we've had them (that's good for me!!!).

What's bugging me?
--Ben's night wakings. Sometimes he ends up in our bed. One night I went to the Living Room to sleep. I've never let kids sleep in our bed. We are trying to curb this by encouraging him to sleep on our floor instead. Then I can sleep. The biggest thing is when he takes any sort of nap, he has trouble going to sleep at night. He has fears that ebb and flow. Luckily, they have leveled out right now and aren't so bad.
--Not enough time with Ted, we are too busy. I want another date night!!

What have I said I was going to do but I haven’t?
--I really wanted to start walking on the treadmill in the evenings...but we seem to have too much going on then. The best time to work out is during the day and I can't do that with the kids. Maybe next year when Ben is in preschool...

What's my latest obsession?
--Cooking!! Food Network!!
--Thinking about PTO next year, when I'll be President. What changes will I make? What will be hard? What will be fun? Will I survive it without getting overly stressed?

What's been making me happy?
--Again...the warmer weather. Ted finally got sand for our sandbox and the kids have been enjoying playing in it. I love it when the kids play outside and get exercise and fresh air.
--Ben and Mary seem to be less clingy lately...but they are making messes around my house!!

No comments: