Friday, September 29, 2006

Random Thoughts by Missy

I think a lot through out the day. Here is just a sample of my current random thoughts:

--When I clean my floor, I use the Swifter Wet Jet and then when there a stubborn piece of gook (I always wonder what it is), I use my Pampered Chef nylon scraper and just scrape it right off. The other day at the grocery store, I saw a worker mopping and then he had this scraper on a stick! It struck me how we did similar things...and how I really would like it if I had that tool.

-- My walk with the kids would have really been perfect if: the kids were patient enough to let me talk to the neighbors, the kids actually stayed in the stroller, and Ben hadn't pooped and peed in his underpants.

--I like watching Oprah and Gayle's cross country car ride. I love seeing the other side of Oprah. They are acting like it is so much work and yet I would love to take a car ride and see the outdoors and have that kind of freedom!

--Oprah hates listening to music and wants to be alone with her thoughts. Gayle loves singing to the music and enjoys conversation. I'm a big thinker and I often forget to turn on the radio, so I guess I identify with Oprah. And yet, I can really enjoy a good conversation. What do you prefer to do on a long car ride?

--I'm starting to think those poops in the diapers were not such a bad thing. So far today, Mary pooped in the shower with me and Ben pooped in his pants (which fell onto the kitchen floor when I took them off). The past couple of days I've been having more contact with the poop then I'm used to. The diaper is a nice, clean way to take care of it. Underpants do not come off very neatly when poop is in there. I do have to say...I'm glad Ben is pooping and not holding it in.

--Today I saw an interview of Sean Penn. I realized that I like him. Even though he's kinda tough and mean...I like authentic people. I like it when people show their true colors and aren't fake. Even if it's not the prettiest picture, I'd rather see the real picture. Which makes me realize, I like interviews. In movies you see who the stars are pretending to be, but in an interview you see who they really are (most of the time).

--Janet Jackson was on Oprah the other day (really, this is my last Oprah story). And first, I have to say that I enjoy Janet as an entertainer and would love to see her in concert...but I do wish she wouldn't have to sell the sex all the time. And I don't believe for a minute that she really had a wardrobe malfunction at the Superbowl. I really like her boyfriend though. He seemed very real.

--Ted just called from his golf weekend. It feels so good to give him a gift like this. Mainly because I know how good it feels when it's done for me! He stayed up 'til 3:30am playing poker and woke up at 6:30 to play golf. They got three hours of sleep, but he's having a great time.

--I watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory every day because it's Ben's favorite movie. I have to say it's a very clever and entertaining movie. I could be stuck with something much worse!

--We'll definitely miss Ted this weekend so I'm trying to think of ways to make it fun. Tonight, I'm thinking we'll have a movie night. Tomorrow morning is Abby's game (8am!!). My mom said she'll see if Dad will put off his work-out so he can watch the kids while my mom and I go to Abby's game. I'll just let the kids play the rest of the day and then in the evening we're going across the street for a birthday party for two birthdays. Sunday, mom will watch the younger kids while I take the older ones with me to mass. Ted will be home that morning. I don't think it'll be that bad, but I wouldn't ever want to be a single mom. It's much better with him. :-)

No comments: