Monday, June 19, 2006

Flashback Writing Day

This is the part of the show where I post my old writings. I just found my old Holly Hobby diary while I was cleaning out the basement. I got it Christmas of 1978. Here are some entries:

Jan 24, 1979 (almost 10 years old)
Today we had icecream and pizza and I bought with my own money (school lunch). Grandma Mary came over and brought some cake, as usual, with whip topping on top. Of course she gave us a piece of gum and a dollar. She spent the night on Lisa's bed and Lisa slept on the floor (HA! HA!). I got to sleep in my compfy bed. We had PSR. And my mom and dad forgot us and picked us up late at night.

January 28, 1979
Today Mom wanted us ALL to go to the 12:00 mass (one of her great ideas). It was kinda wild.

**note** 6 kids at mass, ages 14, 13, 9, 8, 3, 5 months.

Oct 12, 1979 (10 1/2 years old)
Earlier today at school somebody told me a kid in my class like me named Sean. Because Laura B. saw the boys pointing to a lunchbox that had the Hulk on it and the Hulk was making muscles. And they said that's how Sean shows off in front of me. And wrote Sean + Missy on the board.

**note**What an ego boaster! boys never liked me until now!

August 15, 1982 (13 years old)
My high score on Ms. Pacman is 35,000. I have finally reached The Chase and the screen after it.

August 1, 1983
Sorry my handwriting is so sloppy, but I'm writing this in the bathroom because it's the only lighted place at midnight....

Well things are going bad again. Mom's being a b____. and I can't hack it anymore. Ever since she's been on her new medicine I can't handle her anymore. She's yelling at me for everything (little) that I do wrong. I just asked her if I can go to the library and she starts screaming at me telling me to fold up the clothes. She says that she and dad do everything for me and when she asks me to do something I won't do it, but I do! I ask Theresa R to come over and she couldn't because of her crutches so her mother asked if I could come over to work since I couldn't go to the library. Well she starts screaming again. Dad said I could go but I'm not going to cause she said she was going to make me work my butt off. I'm like, thanks alot mom. I think she's going through "Time of Year" or whatever you call it...I don't know. I really don't care anymore.

Jan 22, 1983 (Almost 14)
Well hello again don't worry I'm not gonna crab about anything cause everything is going pretty wonderful. I had a really nice Christmas. And the CYC dance was just great. I danced with Tim S. to "Whadda bout me?". I LOVE THAT SONG. I'm so glad that was the song we danced to. I'll never forget it. Spring Musical tryouts have come and gone and I didn't try out. It took a lot of thinking about. I didn't know what I should try out for--Soccer--or Spring Musical. I decided Soccer. Lisa helped me decide.

Me and Theresa are becoming best friends. We plan on going to college together maybe Mizzou and rooming together. I can't wait. I'm gonna start saving now.

Sept 9, 1984
I'm so lonely. I need someone. Theresa has someone. She's always going out with him and she's so happy. I want to be happy. God, I'm a sophomore--shouldn't I have someone by now? Please give me someone...

April 12, 1985
Gosh! Well I practiced driving all week and today I took my driver's test. I flunked because we almost had an accident if he wouldn't have told me to stop. We were at an intersection and I was about to turn on a busy road, not realizing they didn't have a stop sign (I was really nervous). I cried for a long time. Mom took me to McDonald's. I tried to dry my eyes. I was turning in my application. Me and Mom sat down to eat when they told me they could interview me now. I interviewed and got the job!

May 11, 1985
...There's this certain guy I like at work--He's really cute. God, please let something come out of this!! 9 1/2 more days of school!!!!

June 10, 1985
...I kinda have my eye on this guy at work. His name is Ted. Ted's cute!...To Ted, I'm just another Trainee--SO FAR. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you up to date on this.

June 20, 1985
...Today I worked with Ted!!!! WOW!! YAAH!! Guess what! Ted had a lunch break while I was having my meal after being off. We talked!!!! He's really nice! God, please let him like me...I want a boyfriend soooooo bad--Why is it so hard for me to get one? I know it takes time, but I'm becoming impatient. But whatever I do--I'll never pick someone out of desperation! PLEASE GOD, GIVE ME A BOYFRIEND.
**note** If that doesn't sound desperate, I don't know what does.

TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments: