Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Flashback Writing Day, Part II

July 6, 1985
Well I worked with Ted today! YAHH!! 7:00 to 3:40. Today I told Jessica (the matchmaker of McDonald's) that I like Ted. Jessica was dying to tell him although I told her not to. But anyway, after work Lisa told me that Ted asked Michelle to go to the VP Fair with him. Michelle is not very cute and kinda has a dud of a personality so I couldn't believe it. But Lisa said that guys as girls like that cause they know they'll say yes. Lisa said that I was a lot cuter than Michelle. But anyway, when Lisa heard that he asked Michelle out...she immediately told Jessica to tell Ted that I liked him. I wonder what he's gonna say. I'm sooooo nervous. I wonder what...oh forget it! I'm gonna read some Danielle Steele. Bye! Update on this matter later!
**note**Lisa is my older sister and she worked at McDonald's over the summer too.

July 14, 1985
Well I've worked with Ted a few times since I've last talked to you (whoever you are). Ted is cuter then ever. Jessica hasn't told Ted from the last that I heard. But she did say she was gonna tell him today. I don't know. But I still like him better than any guy I know. I pray that he likes me. Please God let Ted like me a lot. He has GREAT LEGS!!!!
**note**I'm glad to see my priorities are in order.

July 16, 1985
I worked with Ted today!! I saw him looking at me a few times over the soda heads! WOW!!!

July 19, 1985
I went to McDonald's today to get my paycheck and see my hours. And guess who was working--no you're wrong.....IT WAS TED!! YAAAAAHH. As I was leaving, he must have seen me come in because he looked up to say goodbye and of course I was hesitating as I went toward the door. I smiled and said, "Hi!", and then left. He got his haircut!! He looked so cute. (I had my Jam shorts and Coppertone t-shirt on and looked pretty good. I'm glad he finally got a chance to see me when I looked halfway decent)

July 20, 1985
You are not gonna believe this! Ted knows! He knows! Jessica told him that I like him! Lisa told me she talked to Jessica last night and she said that she told him the last Sunday that she worked! He knew at our softball game! And I didn't know he knew! Jessica said to him, "Guess who likes you."...and Ted said, "Who?"...and Jessica said, "Missy!"...and he said,"Missy?" like he was intrigued. He told Jessica that he was dating somebody from the Page store. So it might take some time, but I'm willing to wait. Jessica said it looked promising because even though he didn't say he liked me or thought I was cute, he didn't say he only liked me for a friend when Jessica told him that I liked him. But I still wonder if he likes me--or how much he likes me. Oh well. Maybe next time I'll be able to tell. But he's not like most guys. He doesn't wear his affections on his face. But at least he talks to me, is nice to me and every now and then looks at me! That's what gives me hope. If he didn't like me he could totally ignore me or be rude. But Ted isn't like that :-).

**note** More exciting chronicles from the Holly Hobby diary coming soon.

No comments: