Monday, April 03, 2006

My Awesome Birthday Week

I know...I know...it's been forever. I just had a totally great week. Last weekend was my retreat and it was awesome. It's always good to feel more connected to people in your parish and I feel like I made baby step, no...make that a child step towards that end. It's always great to hear Catholics talk openly about their faith. Of course I have my Women's Group to share all of this with, but there is something very powerful about sharing it with women in my own parish family! We Catholics can be known for being so conservative in our expression of faith, so sometimes you wonder what's underneath the hood, you know? I'm finding there are a lot of searching people, wanting to rediscover their faith...and CRHP is the avenue they are taking. Last night we had our meeting to commit to going forward and helping with the next retreat. As I signed my commitment statement, I looked at the women around me and knew, they would become my sisters in the following weeks of "formation". The retreat we will give will be in the fall sometime. I've been told that being on the team that gives the retreat, gives you 10 times the blessings than just being an attendee. This makes me excited. I'm ready to go!

Like I said, I had a great week. Tuesday, my mom called to chat, heard the kids in the background whining and crying and told me to go out and do something while she comes over to watch the kids. OK! My sister, Becky, was on spring break so we went shopping and ate lunch together. It was awesome! That evening, we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese's to celebrate their good report cards. We got a gazillion tokens by bringing in their report cards. Then, Wednesday was my birthday and Ted surprised me by taking a half day off. We met for lunch at the mall with Mary and shopped. That night he had already arranged for a babysitter to come over while we went to dinner. Thursday, Becky and Josh came over. We spent a lot of time outside because it was so beautiful out. Josh took Ben and Mary for a long walk in the double stroller and then played with them on the swingset. They stayed for dinner and afterwards, we sat outside in lawnchairs watching the kids play with their neighborhood friends outside on the court (tag). It was just an awesome day. Friday, Becky called again and since it was a beautiful day, we decided to take the kids to the park. It was a new park I had been wanting to go to because it looked like it was perfect for little toddlers...lots of ramps and slides. We took a walk with Ben and Mary in strollers and it was just so exhilarating! I love Spring! It felt so good to be outside and enjoying the weather.

Friday night I went to a crop and realized I really need to start finding a way to crop at home because once a month is not enough to catch up after two babies! I talked to Ted and we decided I could lock myself in a room to crop two nights a month. I would start at 7:00 and maybe crop til 9:30. Hopefully, doing this regularly along with the once a month crop with friends, I will get caught up. Saturday, I went shopping with my other sister, Lisa, for our birthdays (hers was 4/2, mine was 3/29). Saturday night, Ted and I got a sitter again and went out with both my sisters and their husbands (again, to celebrate our bdays....I know...we are totally milking this birthday thing!). We had a great time with great food and great conversation! Sunday, we had someone look at our basement to give us a bid on a partial finishing job (a play room, a family room, and a clothing closet). Sunday night was my meeting with CRHP. It really was an awesome birthday week. This is why I didn't blog one iota. That word, "iota", looks really funny in print, but I looked it up and it is correct. Hmm.

But anyway, it was just a great family week with lots of quality time. Which is my love language. I feel refreshed.

No comments: