Friday, March 03, 2006

Snapshot Thursday (A Little Late)

What's at the top of my to-do list?
--Plan what I'll do with the kids this weekend. Ted has been asked to fill in, at the last minute, on a CRHP retreat weekend. It's funny because, he trained to help on this retreat last year and someone filled in for him because of my difficulties with post partum depression. I guess it's our chance to return the favor. It feels good because they have their largest attendance ever. I'm excited that Ted will actually be able to experience helping out this time.

What have I accomplished?
--It's been a while since I wrote last and a lot has happened. Last time I talked about "The Five Love Languages" and how I read the book to help Ted and I find our intimacy again. The book has helped...but even more importantly, just us focusing on our relationship has done wonders! Every night, Ted and I are trying to "check-in" with each other. We share our high points and low points of our day. I think we are trying to do a better job of really listening to each other. Ted now knows my love language is "quality time" and I my "dialect" is him setting some of this up instead of me doing it all the time. He practiced doing this yesterday! He took a half day....just for ME! He had his mom come over to watch the kids and we went to lunch and shopped at the mall. It was so wonderful to have this time with him. We haven't had a date with just the two of us in a while. It felt good to take our time and talk about whatever came to our heads...instead of losing our thought process because of talking miniature "heads". Also, since I now know his main language is "physical touch" or the way he words it, "physical affection", I'm trying to show him my love for him by giving him more affection. The end result is more smiles, more peace, a fuller bucket. He's filling my bucket without sand spilling everywhere.
--I've ordered some more books (surprise). This time the focus is learning more about Pope John Paul's "Theology of the Body" talks. Christopher West has made these easier to understand with his own talks on CD and a book he wrote on the Pope's talks on this subject. I'm sure it'll be pretty heady but sometimes I can enjoy the meaning behind everything. Why are we created the way we are? What is our purpose in life?". I can't wait to get these books in the mail!! They are "Love and Responsibility" (written by JPII before he became the Pope), "Theology of the Body Explained" by Christopher West, and a book called "The Way to Christ" (Talks given on a retreat by JPII before he was Pope...to college students). What can I say?? I love books.

What have I said I was going to do but I havenÂ’t?
For a week now I have missed reading "My Purpose Driven Life", but I started it up again last night.

What's my latest obsession?
--In addition to all my reading, I am getting into something else very superficial. It's a weird dichotomy. After years of washing my face with soap, I'm all of sudden interested in spending money on my face. I went to an Arbonne party and they educated me. I tried their facial line for two days and my skin felt great afterwards! Not that I want to spend oodles of money on Arbonne. I bought the cleansing gel and their cheaper toner. For my birthday, my mom bought me the sea salt scrub. The consultant ran a special, buy one get one free, so I HAD to get the facial scrub for my sister for her birthday and I got one for myself free. PLUS, I bought this "membership" for $30 where I get 30% off. She even will combine this 30% with her specials. At Target I got Neutrogena Moisturizer for the day and Oil of Olay firming cream for the night. I'm experimenting right now and seeing which products work best. If you use something you swear about, tell me about it!
--Theology of the Body!!
--The Bachelor! (Aren't I so shallow and deep at the same time??) I'm so glad Travis chose Sarah. I didn't like her at first but then I saw her falling for Travis and I believed her feelings for him instead of just wanting to win.
--American Idol! My favorite males are 1)Chris Daughtry, 2) Elliott Yamin and 3) Taylor Hicks. My favorite females are 1) Melissa McGhee, 2) Mandisa and 3) Paris Bennett.

What's been making me happy?
--I think I was the only one taking notes in mass this last Sunday. I started crying when I heard this: "So I will allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak to her heart. From there I will give her the vineyards she had. She shall respond there as in the days of her youth. On that day, says the Lord, she shall call me "My husband". I will espouse you in fidelity, and you shall know the Lord."

God often compares his relationship with us to a marriage. My marriage is a constant reminder of what God wants from me as my creator. He wants a relationship with me. He doesn't just want me to share the big things with him, but also the little things. He wants to be a part of everything in my life. I started with reaching out to Him, and in turn he has blessed me in so many ways. I especially feel a focus on my marriage. He's right there with me and Ted. I feel like He's making something new. It's not the first time He's "refreshed" us and it won't be the last. Me and God go back a long way!


Woaahhhh!! I just got an analogy with my skin care products...maybe it's not so shallow after all! LOL. The cleansing gel is good to get us clean but then we need to close the pores with the toner so we can stay clean! I feel like God points our sin out to us and then we need to ask for forgiveness. Our relationship with Him is what keeps us clean. The more rely on Him, the easier it is. I'm going to start praying for good toner!

No comments: