Sunday, March 19, 2006

Relaxing Weekend

I wrote this post on Sunday. Just posted it today.

What a relaxing weekend! No basketball, no major plans. Abby had a slumber party last night and we're going to Ted's parents this afternoon to celebrate mine and Ted's brother's birthdays. It's so nice to slow down. I don't necessarily feel we are people who go too fast...but the nature of kids and activities can do that without you realizing it.

Friday and Saturday night we rented movies. Friday night, I finally watched The Passion. I've been wanting to do it for a long time, but it's one of those things you put off...."hmmm....do I want to see Jesus get tortured and crucified today or do I want to watch some escapism romantic comedy?". Ted saw it on the big screen but agreed to watch his parents' video with me. I noticed Mary (Jesus' mom, not my daughter :-) watched the whole thing...like she knew it was important. Your instinct is to cover your eyes, but Mary gave me the courage to watch as much as I could. Thank God for the flashbacks to Jesus' ministry...otherwise it might be unbearable! The main thing it reminded me was that I am a wimp and could never handle torture and thank God Jesus was not a wimp. It goes without saying that I think it is a powerful movie and a good reminder of what Jesus did for us. We easily take it for granted. I also think the Anne Catherine Emmerich books help to put the words behind the movie. Like during the agony in the garden. Emmerich talks about what Jesus was experiencing and it is so powerful.

Last weekend, we got new doors installed upstairs and yesterday Ted painted one. Yes, one. He used a little brush to get into all the nooks and it took him an hour and a half. This will take a while. I took Sam and Abby to the 5pm mass and grabbed a bite to eat afterwards so Abby could go straight to her slumber party.

Today was a relaxing day. Ted went to Best Buy and bought a dual screen portable dvd player. He got the Audiovox D1708. He tested it and it works great! We will mainly use it on camping trips...ok...and maybe when I'm running errands with the kids...and...maybe...whenever we get in the car...

No comments: