Monday, May 05, 2008

Loving the Outdoors!!







I'm loving this weather! This weekend Abby played her last two soccer games. The season was delayed because of rain, but it was worth waiting for the good weather. We celebrated Ben's 5th birthday on Sunday by going to Pizza Street and opening his gifts. He got a "new" bike (hand me down from Sam...with added training wheels), and a new race car Wii game. Lately, we've been enjoying the outoors whenever we can. Ben really enjoys playing wiffleball and has me pitch to him. And he loves his new bike! We are a corner house on a court, so we have the perfect street to practice bike riding (on the court side). I can tell Mary wants one now, too. Those tricycles were never popular with them. As soon as Ben got his bike, she said she wanted one, too....a Hello Kitty one. I'm thinking Abby's old bike will do. We'll see how it looks.

The only shadow cast on the past couple of days was Mary's constipation! She wanted to be held a lot and complained constantly. At Abby's last soccer game, I consulted the mom's and one was a nurse and suggested a suppository or enema. I tried a suppository on Mary last night and finally, with much pain, it came out! She refused to poop until this suppository and then she just didn't have a choice. This morning I had to do it again and since she refused to wear a pull up, I caught the poop with my wipe lined hands! What we do for our children! I think when we've gone to heaven and God shows us our life, He'll say to her, "And this is what she did for you here, and then she put up with this and look-she caught your poop here!"

It was all worth her glee when that devil was out! Does this remind you of another time in my life? It's all about poop I tell you.

No comments: