Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ben and Mary at the Doctor's Office

This morning I took Ben and Mary to the doctor's office for their well exam. Ben needed his shots for Kindergarten and Mary needed a shot, too. I realized I would need to tell them this because I had forgotten to. We talked about the shots...we prayed for courage...and boom! They got them and all was well! I was so proud of them. They each turns on the examining table and when the doctor said that he could see they were fully potty trained because they were wearing underpants...I said, "Well...Mary won't poop in the toilet". He turned to Mary and told her she's big enough now and needs to poop in the toilet. The pull ups are gone now. I look at Mary, watching her take it all in and nodding her head.

When we got home, after eating lunch, Mary announced that she needed a pull up. I took a deep breath and said, "Mary, remember what the Doctor said? He said you are big enough now. Let's poop on the toilet." At first she protested, but then she went a long with it. I sat her on the toilet and out comes the poop!! Just like that!! My daughter had pooped in the toilet!! I called the doctor's office and left a message with the nurse that again, he had poop trained another child with his serious talk in the office! Praise God! I told Mary we could now pierce her ears. She was so proud and amazed at how easy it was. The next couple of hours she would say sporadically, "Guess what, Mom! I pooped in the toilet!"

I can't believe it. Finally. Both kids potty trained. Now if I can keep her dry at night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's schedule a day to take her and Abby for a girls day shopping so that I can both of them earrings. Congratulations!

Kathy

Annieliz said...

What a big step! Yaaay Mary!!!
(And yay for serious pediatricians!)

Ann

Anonymous said...

I agree. You've got a great pediatrician! Happy earring shopping!